we’re taking a group of people who have insider knowledge of the English language (or at least a good grasp of it) and placing them in a new, unfamiliar, virtual space. This space introduces visual aids to language in the form of photos and gifs, the ability to comment on someone else’s text in a reblog and the ability to communicate a lot of information in very few words using hashtags. We also see the creation of tone in a toneless medium. In order to simulate conversational patterns in writing we SHOUT WHEN WE’RE SUPER EXCITED or *psssst whisper when we’re pretending to tell someone a secret while perfectly aware that anyone on the internet can read what we’re saying.* slash the coolest bit tho is that u can like ironically forgo all capitalization and punctuation just write in a weird speech pattern its ok everyone will still understand maybe it even helps read the text more quickly because nothing is interrupting the flow of words
In short, this dialect results when people who already share a language are given new tools. The result isn’t a butchering of English language but a creative experiment with it. Am I claiming that the Internet as a whole is operating on a level of postmodernism that would make Joseph Heller, Kurt Vonnegut and Thomas Pynchon seem like novices? maybe i am maybe im not u punk wut of it like who r u to tell me otherwise” —
this is poetry
Introducing Tag Replacer!
Tag Replacer allows you to mass-replace tags with ease. Install it, then go to Posts page on your dashboard of the blog you want, enter the tag you want replaced and the new tag, and Tag Replacer will do the rest.
Since editing posts put a lot of strains on servers, something I would like to avoid, operation of this extension is intentionally slowed down. So if you are going to replace tags of 4,000 posts, it’s better to just start it before going to bed.
Please note that it’s really experimental right now, so if you hit some bugs, please let me know by sending me an ask. Thank you!
a couple of tumblr functions if you didn’t know about them:
- you can make tags on an individual blog display from the earliest to latest post by adding /chrono to the end, for example: http://gameofgifs.tumblr.com/tagged/season_202/chrono
- you can search through a tumblog by date using “http://username.tumblr.com/day/YEAR/MONTH/DAY”, for example: http://gameofgifs.tumblr.com/day/2012/09/16
you can view just the photo posts on your dashboard in mosaic form by going to http://www.tumblr.com/photos
- you can save ask messages to your queue or drafts by hovering your mouse over the publish button and holding down “alt”, which will bring up alternative options
by using the url “http://www.tumblr.com/show/type of post” you can filter your dash, for example “http://www.tumblr.com/show/photos” will show only photos
- you can retrieve previously used themes via the theme recovery page: http://www.tumblr.com/themes/recover
- when reblogging a long text post (like this one!), click on the “as” at the top of the post to reblog as a text post, link or quote
unless i’m doing something horribly wrong, those two don’t work. it’s possible it’s a functionality that tumblr left out in one of its updates.
OKOKOK Im just gonna condense what anons just told me
- dashes and hyphens and slashes and numbers no longer work in blocking tags
- neither do long sentences or random numbers / letters
- neither does the #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 tagging work anymore
- however, if you post a tag within a text post e.g. #exampletag inside a text box rather than the tagline, tumblr saviour will block the post - but the tag will not go into any main tags
alright, you guys, see this?
that’s what it looks like when you go into a tag now. but at the top, you should see this:
take out “search” and replace it with “tagged”:
…and you’ll be back to this:
there was already a post mentioning this, but some people on my dashboard still seemed confused. hope the example helps!
makes it look like you’ve deleted your blog or it doesnt exist and basically mirrors the actual page youd get if you had. its ideal if youve changed you url and dont want people to find you (thats why IM using it) or any other reason
If you want to make it realistic: be sure to change your icon to this picture (dw about sizing it will fit) and make your blog title “Not Found.”
yes, i am for real: i just spent 4 hours developing a real life MASS TAG REPLACER SCRIPT!
it’s going to be buggy, but i’ve tested it and it works! nothing terrible has happened to me yet! i hope it works for you too!! (◡‿◡✿)
please make sure to read the disclaimers before connecting it to your tumblr account. if you have questions or concerns please direct them to me on my twitter, @cubeghost!
and you’re welcome :)
We’re all aware that every time you link to a web site, you inevitably push it up in search engine rankings. Over time, that means a site will appear at the top of a Google search result. Sometimes you want to link to those sites without helping them boost their search results. Do Not Link is a service for just that.
This is an AWESOME yet simple concept!!! Love it. xBx
we're lazy here on tumblr.
- press J: scroll down a post
- press K: scroll up a post
- press L: like a post
- press ALT+REBLOG: reblog fast
- press CTRL and the REBLOG button: open the post you want to reblog, in a new tab
- press TAB: scroll to the top of your dashboard,
- my life is complete <33